Monday, November 12, 2012

My Very Own Curious George


I've heard that the Curious George type of child really does exist.  And now I believe what I've heard, because I have one.  My "middle child" is adorably sweet and charming, but he gets into EVERYTHING.  Whereas my oldest child is a thinker and has learned to follow rules extremely well, his little brother is a doer and likes to be a helper by doing things without being asked.  Unfortunately, his helpfulness usually results in a huge mess for Mommy to clean up.

For example, the boys aren't supposed to mess with Mommy's cleaning supplies or Lysol wipes.  But a few weeks ago, my 2nd child decided he would "help" mommy by cleaning the refrigerator.  Unfortunately, he just coated everything in my fridge with a layer of carpet cleaning solution--the brand that I happen to be allergic to.  As a result, we had to clean out and throw away almost everything being refrigerated AND Mommy's arms broke out into a painful itchy rash. Ugh!

This same child is very fascinated by the baby things that Mommy has purchased and organized for his new baby sister.  One day, I actually found this boy crying inside the crib with his chocolate milk.  To this day, I have no idea how he managed to climb inside the crib.  On another day, he took it upon himself to change the diaper on one of his sister's dolls (the same doll that I played with 28 years ago).  When I went into the nursery, he had the doll and all of my baby supplies laid out on a big cardboard box.  And of course, he had covered the doll in baby lotion.

The older he gets, the more discoveries my little guy seems to make.  I probably have hundreds of stories I could tell about things he has "innocently" done around our house.  Sadly, it just occurred to me that I haven't done a very good job actually documenting his little interventions.

That said, last week I made a discovery that made me laugh and laugh.  While I was sitting at my desk, my little guy was busy turning himself into a monster with Mommy's make-up (see below).  Thank goodness he got into the box of eye shadow that I was about ready to throw away.



Every day is a brand new adventure with my little guy--kind of like watching a new episode of his favorite show, Curious George.  But you know what?  I wouldn't trade the headaches and the crazy hours I spend cleaning up after him for anything.  It's all part being a Mom!

1 comment:

  1. So fitting! And George starts with this little guy's favorite letter!

    ReplyDelete