Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Homemade Baseball Baby Shower

I threw my first baby shower this weekend.  Since I'm going to have a nephew, I wanted to throw a real boy-themed shower.  Nothing says baby boy better than baseball!  So we had my version of a baseball party.  My aunt handled the food and I handled the decorations.  And my mother-in-law graciously invited us to use her home.  Now I'm not claiming to be an "arts and crafts" kind of person, but I do think that the homemade elements added a nice touch.

For starters, I made the invitations.  I actually found some custom invitations online for a ridiculous price and decided that I could make them myself. 

 


 Next, I ventured into the world of baby wreaths.  I definitely wanted the wreath to be colorful and fun, so I made a ribbon wreath.  Yes ladies and gentlemen, I actually broke out my glue gun and paint brush for this project.




Since our family is very anti shower games, I decided to have the guests sign a page of my nephew's scrapbook.  (You've got to have some kind of guest participation at a shower!)  I was so excited to find the sports scrapbook that matched my theme.  Then I used the invitation to create a nice sign-in sheet.




Next, I decided that we needed some bunting.  But let's be real, what male likes bunting?  True men like pennants.  So MLB pennants did the trick.



Even though I wasn't in charge of food, I still wanted to contribute something.  So I found little popcorn boxes and filled them with popcorn.  Then I created little football treats.  I'm not an artist, but these were yummy.  I tried making baseballs and they were gross.  So footballs it was...



Even though this was technically a baseball themed party,  I found the cutest center piece.  It was a bank and was a little take-home gift for my sister-in-law.

 
Of course, no party is complete without party favors.  So I filled baby bottles with take-home candy.  I really wanted to fill them with sunflower seeds, but the guests were women!



The shower was super nice.  We had fun, and my nephew definitely scored with all the loot!  Can't wait to meet our family's newest slugger!  I even think that I'm ready to throw another shower.  Babies are so much fun.

1 comment: