Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Offended the Dog


The other day, I made the executive decision that our dog was no longer sleeping on the bottom bunk bed with my youngest son at night.  This decision was necessary, because every morning I kept finding chewed up toys or trash in the boys' room.  Plus, almost every stuffed animal in their room is now missing an ear or a nose.  I figured that if the dog couldn't control himself, he would just have to spend his nights alone.  I didn't have a clue at the time that this decision would have such a detrimental effect on the dog.

Before I went to bed the other night, this is what I found:


My dog was cuddled up asleep with a Dole monkey.  Our oldest son refuses to sleep without his Dole monkey, so we purchased a few back-up monkeys just in case we ever needed them, and somehow the dog managed to commandeer a monkey for himself.  This is just so pitiful.

Since the puppy couldn't sleep with his boys, I guess he chose the next best thing.  And for some reason, the dog's monkey still has all ears and appendages intact!

1 comment: