Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Next Day

 
Last Thursday, Mommy got a day off.  Okay, technically I had the afternoon off. I didn't have the kids.  I didn't do any legal work.  And I didn't do any housework.  Instead, I took a stack of coupons with me and went shopping. Ironically, I ended my trip with a stop at Toys R Us.  But at least I was able to enjoy the tranquil experience of getting to shop and think at the same time.  And when I heard crashing glass at Home Goods, I was able to sigh in relief knowing that my posse was not the cause of the breaking glass.  Anyway, Thursday was a pleasant day. It wasn't until the next day that Mommy got a migraine...

Dear Husband and I have been talking about painting our 2nd bathroom and our laundry room.  So last Friday, I broke out the paint and decided to knock out the job.  Had it not been for what occurred during my project, I would have been finished quickly.  Unfortunately, this happened:


Apparently, my middle child lost his penny and decided it was in the paint bucket.  As a result, he put both hands in the bucket and did who-knows-what?!  We had paint all over the tile floor, walls, doors, hallway, and our cute little boy. 
 
You see these kind of scenes in the movies.  The kid spills paint and the next day it's all cleaned up.  But I can assure you, it takes awhile to clean, scrub, prime, repaint, and peel up this kind of mess.  So this is what I've been up to lately.  Cleaning up messes. 
 
But at least I got a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment