Thursday, April 11, 2013

What is Wrong With This Picture?



This is my sweet middle child (the one who painted the hallway in yesterday's post).  I helped him get dressed today.  But I forget to make sure he had shoes on when we left the house.  So, while at lunch with Dear Husband today, I realized that he was wearing one of his big brother's flip flops (the left one) on his right foot and that he was wearing one of his own church shoes on his left foot.  Needless to say, we got a few comments from some amused old ladies at the restaurant.
 
This incident reminded me of when I was in Jr. High and my friend's mom would sometimes pick me up from school. Since she had a bus load of her own biological children, I got to ride in the 15 passenger van with all the little kids.  It was fun to be around so many children.  And it was puzzling too.  I could never understand why their mother would allow them to dress themselves before piling in the van to pick us up.  Sometimes one of the little girls would be wearing a slip and black patent shoes.  Or one of the little boys would be in a costume and rain boots.  It always seemed strange to me that their mom never bothered to coordinate everyone before leaving the house.  But now I get it. 
 
Sometimes Mommy misses the details.  Yet, life goes on.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I had to send this to my dad because he once wore two different shoes to a wedding! Same shoe, different colors. And, of course, my aunt noticed it@

    ReplyDelete