Monday, August 5, 2013

He's Pretty Wonderful



My husband is wonderful.  I'm thinking about changing his blog name from Dear Husband to Mr. Wonderful.  To be honest, he thinks Dear Husband sounds cheesy and old fashion.  I personally don't think that there's anything wrong with being old fashion, but whatever.  If he likes Mr. Wonderful I am happy to oblige.  After all the work he did this weekend, I'll call him whatever he wants. 

My to-do list for the weekend really wasn't that long, but I feared it might take long to complete.  And I was right. 

The first project that we had was to remove a bush from our landscaping.  I'm not sure what kind of bush it was, but in my opinion, it belonged in the African Savannah rather than in my front yard.  It was wild and huge and when I attempted to prune it, the leaves would stick to my ankles like tendrils and slice my hands.  To make matters worse, the silly bush grew as if on steroids.  So I could either commit to destroying my hands once a month or remove the bush and plant something pretty and flowery.  So bye-bye ugly bush.  Mr. Wonderful and Fabulous Father (my dad) spent hours wrestling the crazy bush out of the ground.  But at last it's gone.

Once the bush had disappeared, the guys moved on to project #2: remove the weed cloths and add mulch to the flower beds.  Someone did an excellent job creating beautiful flower beds around my house.  The problem is that they never planted any flowers.  Instead, they  covered some weed cloth with enough mulch to hide the cloth, but not enough to keep the weeds from growing.  Thus, we had lots of green bushes with tons of green weeds to match growing in these beautifully designed flower beds.  It was atrocious.  In just 3 weeks I have pulled more weeds at this house than I ever pulled at my previous home during the 7 year period we lived there.  So, once again, Mr. Wonderful and Fabulous Father obliged and brought a truck load of mulch to fill out my flower beds.  I'm sure my parents had better things to do no Saturday, but their efforts are greatly appreciated.  I still don't have any flowers planted, but the weeds are finally gone.  Project 2 completed.

Next, I begged Mr. Wonderful to help me paint my office.  I knew that this task  would be harder for him than for me, because the walls in my office are too tall for me to do much.  Plus, Mr. Wonderful is the only person I know with a professionally precise hand.  Thus, he was the only person I wanted going near my crown molding.  As a result, he spent hours yesterday going up and down the ladder in my office in order to create a cozy workspace for me.  We still have a some curtains to hang and some items to add in order to finish off the room.  But Project 3 was completed.

Then, just because he's amazing, Mr. Wonderful got out his hammer and level last night and helped me hang pictures.  That was a huge surprise, because that task was NOT on my to-do list!  I can't tell you how impressed I am with the way Mr. Wonderful's projects turned out.  Thanks to his hard work, our house is starting to look like WE live in it.  I have no doubt that his muscles are sore from all the work this weekend.  And I'm sure he has a sun burn and bug bites to show off this morning too.  I just hope he knows how much I appreciate him.  I think he's pretty wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment