Monday, December 9, 2013

The Baby is Growing Up

Baby G is officially 1 year old.  Okay, she actually turned a year old 3 weeks ago, but I'm a little behind.  Our sweet little baby is definitely turning into a little girl (although I'll probably always call her my Baby G).  Yesterday she was carrying around her Barbie purse and this morning we caught her playing with her vintage kitchen with her Snow White toddler doll.  I almost feel guilty for not being all sad and sappy that my baby is getting big, but truth be told--I love this age!  I love that my little girl  can climb on the couch and sit in my lap, or that she will start dancing as soon as she hears a good beat, or that she says Ooooh and Ahhhh as soon as you put a pretty dress on her.  Love it!

Having a baby in November seemed like the perfect time to have a baby.  I wasn't 9 months pregnant during the 100 degree part of summer.  And I managed to get a baby here in time to enjoy Christmas.  It never crossed my mind that having a baby in November would just make the holidays a little bit more hectic.  I mean, with play dates and Thanksgiving, I almost forgot to plan a birthday party.  Thank you Minnie Mouse theme and custom cake lady at the Albertson's in Watuaga for saving the day!  Baby G had a blast and absolutely loved her special smash cake  (and Uncle Nik was thrilled to get to eat all the fondant).






It just so happened that our church planned their baby dedication ceremony right after Baby G's birthday.  Since we dedicated the boys at our former church, this day was all about Baby G and committing to raising her according to God's Word.  She really enjoyed all the attention--especially getting prayed over.  And of course, she was the "vocal" child during our service.




Thanks Great Grandma & Great Grandpa for sending the beautiful dress!  She looked adorable and she even left on her shoes and bow!

Can't wait to see all that God has in store for this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment