Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thank You God for Help With My Laundry



How in the world did people survive before the invention of the washing machine and dryer?  My dryer informed me the other night that it's functional life is over when it continuously cycled all night long on cold air.  At the same time, my washing machine has been "forgetting" to finish it's cycles.  I suppose that after almost 9 years I really shouldn't complain.  Dear Husband and I purchased this washer/dryer set for our first apartment.  And the truth of the matter is that it's really too small to support our growing family anyway.  So after doing some appliance shopping, I decided it was time to pursue an energy efficient unit with greater capacity to handle little boy messes.  And I made sure that comforters would fit inside this unit (it's disastrous when you mix potty training and a small capacity laundry unit.)
 
Normally, I wouldn't really care about not being able to do laundry for a week.  I would just let the mounds of laundry form around the house until my Monday delivery.  But with the house on the market and needing to be show-ready for any potential buyer that might want to see it, the situation has been a little tricky.  My laundry basket isn't very large, so I've actually had to do a few wash cycles and have had to hang dry my clothes overnight in the garage in front of my box fan when there is no risk of showing the house. 
 
It might seem fun and earth-friendly to do laundry in the more "natural" way, but I am not enjoying it.  Never before have I understood the advantage to having fabric softerner and heat to dry my clothes.  I have always taken this luxury for granted.  Until now. 
 
God has been very good to me to allow me to live during the era of washing machines and dryers; fabric softener and dryer sheets; multiple wash cycles and energy efficiency.  Sometimes I forget to thank God for life's little conveniences that have changed home life and mommyhood forever.  But not this week.  Thank you God for my appliances!  I can't wait to crawl into bed next week when I wash my sheets and dry them in heat again!

No comments:

Post a Comment