Tuesday, June 4, 2013

6 Months and Counting...


 
We had our first mother-daughter argument yesterday.  Sweet Baby G insisted on chewing on the cord to the lamp in my bedroom.  Mommy told her to stop playing with electrical cords.  Then she got mad.  And she ignored me.  Suddenly, my life skipped 16 years and I imagined having the same mother-daughter moment over something more "important."  (You know, like why I won't let her wear spaghetti strap shirts.)  Oh goodness.  What have I gotten myself into?  Aren't little girls fun?!
 
Baby G is already 6 months old.  She's crawling everywhere, drooling on everything, and loves to show you her 2 bottom teeth.  Although she's usually a happy child and super pleasant to be around, she has her mommy's temper, which means that when she decides she's mad, she gets herself really out of sorts.  The doctor said that she's still super tall and skinny, but her ridiculous growth speed is slowing down.  So hopefully the 12-18 month clothes that she's wearing will last us awhile (12 mo clothes in the toddler section are sooooo cute!).  At least her feet are still tiny, which is allowing us to get lots of use out of her designer shoes.
 
Hopefully my little girl doesn't grow up too fast. Despite our disagreements, we have plenty of fun together. Her adventurous spirit and sense of humor make her rather unpredictable. But maybe that's exactly what her Mommy needs--a little girlfriend to keep Mommy on her toes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment