Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Healthcare Surprise

 

I got a letter in the mail last weekend.  It shouldn't have been a shock, but I wasn't expecting this to actually happen so soon. 

My health insurance company is kicking the kids and me off of our plan.  Yep, no more group coverage through Aetna as of January 1.  Thank you President Obama.  That insurance that you told me I could keep is dropping not only my family, but their entire plan!  Aetna suggested that I seek individual coverage for myself come January.  But come on, by then no insurance company will be offering individual coverage. 

Thankfully, God is good.  My family still has the option of employer-based health insurance coverage.  So at least our entire family will be covered.  But what about everybody else?  What about those people who rely on plans like the one I've been on?  What's going to happen to them? Let's just say that U.S. healthcare is going to be a mess.  It's going to get expensive.  It's going to get ugly. 

I actually watched a legal continuing education course by some experts who couldn't even predict what's going to happen when the so-call "Affordable Healthcare Act" takes effect because there are so many rules and unknowns.  This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone who watched the ridiculously huge health care bill get passed without having even been read.  Obamacare is the ultimate example of our political process gone completely wrong. 

All of those people who were told they were going to get to keep their plans and their doctors have been deceived.  The only thing we get to keep is government officials who are pushing garbage down our throats, illegals who are still crowding emergency departments, and high premiums and deductibles. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next 6 months.  Thankfully I was given a heads up about the change that's coming my way.  Please don't sit on your hands and wait around expecting to not feel anything come January 1st.  Change is coming whether you want it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment