Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Baby G



Baby G is finally 10 weeks old today!  My tiny baby girl has gained 6 lbs and 4 inches since she was born.  During the first few weeks after her birth I had to go buy size "newborn" clothes because she was so tiny.  And 2 months later, I'm putting those clothes in boxes as Baby G is already wearing 6-9 month clothes!  Apparently the rumors that little girls grow at a slower pace than baby boys was just a rumor.  Because my 99th percentile girl is keeping right up with her brothers.  

Although I should be sad that my baby is growing so quickly, I'm actually really excited that her personality is blossoming.  She smiles at her Mommy all the time.  She giggles.  And she coos at her brothers.  She even likes to pet our kitty cats.  When she's tired, I play IZ's Somewhere Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World song and by the time the ukelele stops playing, she's always asleep.  And unlike her brothers, she's perfectly content when we go shopping as long as I push her in the stroller and keep her moving.  

I'm sure that my girl and I will have some interesting mother-daughter encounters as she grows older.  I know that I can't expect that it will always be flowers and cupcakes.  But for now, I'm enjoying every minute.

1 comment: