Friday, January 25, 2013

The Good Week


It's amazing what can happen in a week!  It occurred to me that my last blog post was over a week ago and the status of all of the things that were heavy on my heart have completely changed.  I'm actually supposed to be getting ready for a gala this evening, but since the kids are out their grandma's house, I thought I should fill you in on our blessings this week.  (I wish we publicly shared our praises more often!)

First of all, we've had a lovely sun-filled week.  The streets in Texas are clear. And the weather has been warm enough to wear shorts.  It's been wonderful!  

Another praise this week was that my grandfather was discharged from the intensive care unit and is now doing rehab in a facility near my aunt's house.  Last week, I was online looking for plane tickets to Michigan in the event that Grandpa took a turn for the worse, and this week, I was shopping online for  clothes for him to wear in rehab.  What a wonderful reason to shop!  Although Grandpa definitely has some hurdles to overcome physically, at least we know that he's being taken care of and loved on by those around him.  

My other praise for the week is that my friend gave birth Wednesday to a 6+ lb baby girl!  Despite complications early in pregnancy (they couldn't find a heart beat during the first sonogram, but did find a mass) and despite concerns that the baby wasn't growing late in pregnancy, she is doing great.  This little girl is a huge answer to prayer.  We're very excited that Baby G's new best friend is here!

God has been good this week!  I just wanted to share the praises with you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment