Thursday, May 23, 2013

Enjoying the Process



As of noon today, our house will have been on the market for 1 week.  We've had quite a bit of traffic, but our future buyer has yet to make an offer.  Trust me, I'm not complaining.  I was getting tired-head just thinking about having to accept an offer and make an offer within days of listing the house.  Having some time to process and pray through our decisions is actually much better for type A "thinkers" like Dear Husband and me.  We are not spontaneous, go-with-your-gut people, so time is on our side. 
 
I confess that I don't enjoy my morning ritual of cleaning EVERYTHING in my home, but I secretly love having a clutter-free, clean house.  I'm thinking that if our house is for sale for a month, maybe my housekeeping skills will become an unbreakable habit (doesn't it take 30 days or so to form a habit) and I will always have a clean house.  Is it really possible?  Well, a mom can always dream...
 
Anyhow, it's kind of fun to hear what people have to say about your house.  We've had a few people say that our house and/or yard were too big--seriously?  3 bed 2 bath 1962 sq foot house on 10,000 sq foot lot is too big?--and we've had others say the house was too small.  Thankfully, all the feedback we've gotten has been on things that we cannot change.  We've been told that the house itself shows nicely.  All I can say is that it better, because I've done more housework in the last week than I did during my entire pregnancy with Baby G!!! 
 
So that's where we stand at the moment.  We have some good contenders for our "future home" and we're praying about those possibilities.  Other than that, we're secretly enjoying the real estate process and are hoping that this is the first and last time we have to do this in our forseeable future.  So why not enjoy it while it lasts?

No comments:

Post a Comment