Friday, May 31, 2013

The Holding Pattern isn't so Bad



It's been 2 weeks, and our house is still for sale.  Thankfully, time is working to our advantage.  3 of the top 4 houses on our "potential future house list" have dropped their prices significantly over the past week.  Since waiting 2 weeks has saved us approximately $20,000 on some of these houses, I suppose waiting a few more weeks is only going to work to our advantage too--assuming that someone else doesn't buy some of these houses first.  Only time will tell...
 
The good news is that I'm still functioning--hey I'm actually blogging!--and my house is shockingly cleaner than it was when we had our open house. (Of course, as I type I'm hearing 2 little boys who are having a blast in their bath tub. So, who knows how the house will look in 30 minutes?)  But unlike some of my fellow home sellers, I haven't thrown in the towel yet. 
 
Some of my neighbors are trying to sell their large 2-story homes on my block.  Fortunately for us, ranch style homes are selling much faster than 2-stories around here.  Needless to say, some of the 2-story sellers are starting to grow tired of the process.  One neighbor informed me that she had given up on the cleaning part and would just do her best to pick up when a realtor called.  She also said that if the showing time was inconvenient, they would just head out to the backyard instead of leave.  I certainly hope that I had my best nurse/poker face on when she told me all of this, because I was horrified by her statement.  (No buyer EVER wants to see the seller or their messy house!!!!)  In my opinion, it's worth it to me to do everything to sell everytime someone comes to shop.  My housework is not going to deteriorate.  And I'm still packing up the cats, dogs, and children when a realtor comes by.  I guess we'll just wait and see who sells first.  Not that I'm competitive or anything!
 
I suppose you could say that at the moment, we're literally in a holding pattern.  We're waiting.  Between our real estate and work and homeschool plans, I think it's safe to say that at some point in the near future a whole lot is getting ready to happen all at once.  Sometimes it's okay to enjoy the calm before the storm.  Why do we never appreciate when God places us in these holding patterns?

No comments:

Post a Comment