Monday, March 26, 2012

No Longer Churchless

About 3 months ago, I remember blogging about feeling churchless.  At the time, I was pretty depressed thinking about trying to find a new church.  We knew what we wanted in a church (we really wanted to replicate the church we attended when we lived in Houston), but we were pretty confident that a church like that didn't exist in our part of the Bible belt.  Thus, I feared that our church hunt would drag on for awhile or that we would have to make some huge concessions in choosing a church (the last time we did that it was a disaster!)

Then we visited The Mount. I can honestly say that I'm really excited about what's going on in this church.  Not only that, but the people have really embraced us and made us feel like part of the family.  More importantly, the Bible is the focus of all church teaching and our children are getting taught the Gospel. In fact, my oldest told me the story about Jesus dying on the cross yesterday! 

As we enter this Easter Season, it's exciting to celebrate the new life we have in Jesus with a new family of believers!  If you're not busy this Easter, come on out and join us for a celebration of our Salvation and for our community wide egg hunt!


1 comment: