Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Pick 'Em Payoff

Tonight I filled out my March Madness brackets.  That's when it occurred to me that I need to share with my readers the end result of my NFL Pick 'Em challenge from last fall.  For those of you who missed the great showdown between my Dear Husband and me, the short story is that he challenged me to beat him in weekly football picks.  If I won, he promised me a new purse.  Needless to say, not only did I beat him, but I solidly pounded him in my college and NFL picks.  And last week, he paid up.

We ended up putting off our purse shopping excursion due to the Bar exam and the knowledge that we would be headed to Oahu in March.  If you've never been to Waikiki, let me just explain that it is one of the best places for a shopaholic.  The main drag in Waikiki is filled with shops like Prada, Louis Vuitton, Tiffany & Co., and just about anything else you could want.  Plus, there's a relatively large shopping mall about 5 minutes away that has almost every major designer that I could care about.  (Let's just say that I was pretty happy to return to Oahu rather than venture to another island on this trip solely because of the shopping.)

Anyway, after a week of sightseeing and shopping in Waikiki, my sweet husband helped me pick out the perfect handbag a.k.a the Mommy Dream Bag. 


Not only does this bag have all my favorite girly colors and sequins (hard to see in the pic), but it literally holds everything--wallet, make-up, umbrella, planner, portfolio, camera, cell phone, ipod, car keys, and whatever else I might need for my family outings.  Thank you Coach, for designing the perfect mom bag.  And thank you Dear Husband for spoiling me rotten.  I can't wait until the next football season! Until then, I hope you're ready to bring it with your basketball picks.

And ladies, it's not too late to challenge your husbands to a March Madness showdown.  Be sure to get your picks in today!

1 comment: