Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring is Here

In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.  ~Mark Twain

 
I can't believe we've already made it to the first day of Spring!  Last night we had a typical Texas thunderstorm, and despite the weather predictions for more rain this morning, we have beautiful sunshine today.  So on this blessed first day of spring, it actually feels like it's supposed to.   Of course, if you know anything about Texas weather, our spring will likely be short lived and quickly replaced by summery heat before June.  But until then, let's celebrate the start of spring.

Isn't this time of year amazing?  My plants are starting to bud and my grass is almost green.  Retailers are finally selling clothes in pretty colors like pink, green, orange, and yellow.  Churches are singing hopeful songs about the resurrection and glory of God.  We can play outside with the kids without having to put on a bathing suit.  And it's the perfect time of year for a pedicure.

In honor of this wonderful time of year, I thought I'd share some inspiring looks for those cute little someones in our lives.  Thanks to Janie and Jack for the inspiration.



 

1 comment:

  1. Yea Spring!!!!! If only I could afford Janie and Jack always.....cute picks!

    ReplyDelete