Thursday, January 16, 2014

My New Obsession is a Blessing


Find more at www.thehairbowcompany.com

Somehow, I think I finally nipped my obsession with headbands and hair bows in the bud.  Of course, my daughter MUST still wear her adorable hair accessories.  Hence my motto, "No bow, no go."  But  my obsession with searching for the perfect bow has finally been replaced by a new obsession. 

They say that certain personalities get on these "kicks" where the person dives head first into something new until they find something else to attract their attention.  I think I have those tendencies.  I seem to get a little carried away with things at first, and in time realize that I can take a chill pill and still perform well without being obsessive compulsive.  I'm the perfect person to bring on if you want some energy infused into a project.  But be prepared, because I don't do things 50%.  Thus, the fact that Baby G was probably the best dressed baby of 2013.   She's still well-dressed, but over the last 12+ months I've figured out how to keep her well-dressed without draining my budget.  It just took me a 18 months and a lot of money to get to this point.  Thank goodness Mr. Wonderful understands my psychological issues.

These days I seem to have moved on from hair bows to teacher things.  I've transformed from crazy girl-mom to enthusiastic teacher.  Although I never wanted to be a teacher, somewhere in my DNA, my mother must have passed on her teacher tendencies to me.  And now instead of drooling over $50 headbands, I get goose bumps from National Geographic readers and laminators.  Yes, I bought a laminator!  (Surely it will come in handy at some point, right?)  I've been told that I will have completely lost my sanity when I find myself frequenting Teacher's Tools.  I haven't been there yet, but at the rate I'm going it won't be long. 

All I can say is that God is good in making me this way.  When we first decided to homeschool I wasn't sure I was ready to join the world of denim-jumper-wearing mothers who believe that a woman's culinary skills are more critical than her choice of make-up.  At the time, I felt so disconnected with this new community!  All I could do at the time was pray that God would open my heart to this new adventure and get me excited about it.  And He did. 

Not long ago I was completely overwhelmed by the idea of teaching handwriting and phonics.  Yet now, I get all giddy when I head upstairs to my classroom in the mornings.  Only God could do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment