Thursday, January 2, 2014

Relinquish


Happy 2014! I've decided this year to NOT do the typical routine.  I'm not making resolutions.  I'm also not going to make any earth-shattering goals for this year.  And I'm not going to make any predictions.  Instead, I'm going to take this year a day at a time.  If you could see my calendar for the month of January, you might understand.  There's no point in trying to guilt myself into adding more "routines" into my life. 

I have a full plate already.  We've got tennis lessons, museum school, t-ball, Mission Friends, Sunday School, Small Group, Kindergarten, Worship Team, church committees, litigation meetings, lots of upcoming discovery and trial settings, and all of the unexpected future activities in addition to everyday life with a family of five.  (And did I mention that my children are all under the age of 6!)

Instead of resolving to be a better person this year, I've decided to relinquish control and to trust that by the grace of God, we will have a beautiful 2014.  That's really all I can do.  I can't be the perfect wife, mother, musician, church committee leader, lawyer, kindergarten teacher, and friend.  But I trust that God will allow me to fulfill my roles as best I can in such a matter as to be sufficient for the situation.  If there's one thing I've learned over the past couple of decades, it's that my resolutions are pretty meaningless.  I can rarely fulfill what I want to fulfill on my own.  But I can accomplish what God wants me to accomplish if I let Him take control. 

And with that, I would like to wish you all a bright New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment