Monday, June 18, 2012

Coming Soon...The Gender Reveal

 
Just so you know, we ARE going to find out the gender of our third child prior to delivery.  Our scheduled ultrasound is next week, and I promise to share the results with you all.  We have been amused by the shock and awe of our friends who seem to think that we're nuts for finding out our baby's gender.

So let me explain...

1) We're planners.  We want to be prepared for whatever this little one needs.

2) We want to form a bond with our little one prior to their day of birth by referring to them by their name (rather than Baby #3).

3) We want to be able to pray for our little one by name.

4) We want to be able to provide a gender specific and appropriate environment for our baby.  (Our current nursery is blue with boats and is not girl friendly should we have a girl.)

5) Of course I want to go shopping prior to baby's arrival!  

6) And although some think that finding out a baby's gender ruins the surprise you get during delivery, I promise that there's nothing more surprising than giving birth to your 2nd child only to find out that he looks identical to your first!!!  (I was so shocked at my 2nd delivery, because I had sworn that I had given birth to the same child twice.)

While I know that gender reveal parties are now becoming en vogue, we don't have plans to go to that extreme.  Instead, our little family of 4 has plans to meet with the OB next week for an appointment where he's promised to let us know if we can start buying pink or stick with the blues and plaids already hanging in our closets.  Once we know, we'll share the news.

And no, I haven't done any preliminary tests or tried any superstitious methods to determine if we're having a boy or girl.  We've had a few people tell us their thoughts and prayers on the subject, and I have my own opinion on the matter, but we're still waiting until next week for our confirmation.

Do I have a preference?  Not really.  Of course I would love to buy girl things.  But on the other hand, I'm crazy about my little boys who love me and cuddle with me and want to take care of their Mommy.  I can't imagine how awesome it might be to have another one?!  Honestly though, I just want a happy and healthy baby.  And in a week, maybe I'll even be able to tell you his or her name.  Or maybe I'll keep that a secret...

1 comment:

  1. Me too, because I already bought the cutest outfits for both genders with the promise that the 'incorrect' one may be returned! hehe!

    ReplyDelete