Monday, June 25, 2012

Her Baby Shoes


I should know better than to argue with a 3 year old, but I've been arguing with my son for the past 3 months.  He has insisted that he is going to have a little sister.  He's also been telling people that he has picked out a name for her.  Of course, every time he tells people this, I have to explain that we don't know if we're having a girl and if we are, we're actually naming her something a little different from what he's calling her.  It has been quite the ordeal.

But now the verdict is in.  The doctor has confirmed our suspicions and we now know the truth.  The doctor was so confident in his findings that he said I could share the news with everyone. Drum roll please... We are officially having a GIRL!

I think my husband and I stared at each other in shock for most of our lunch today.  We had absolutely prepared ourselves for the possibility having scored a hat trick with 3 boys.  We were also prepared to go to war over the naming rights of our little guy.  And now it seems like everything has changed.  For better or worse, we're getting ready to enter the world of little girls. 

We've decided to stick with G names, so if you notice me blogging about Baby G, that's because her name will start with a G.  My 3 year old informed me this afternoon that he would be calling his sister by a certain G name that he likes.  When I told him that her actual name would be different, he replied that I could call her by the name that I like and he would call her by his favorite name.  Go figure.  Now that he knows that he's been right about his sister for the past 3 months, I'm never going to be able to convince him that he's wrong about her again.  He's still gloating.  I'm still in shock.  And we're all looking forward to adding some pink into our lives.

To find more shoes like the ones in the picture above, go to http://lemonadecouture.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment