Sunday, June 24, 2012

Learning to Help

There are definitely some perks to having children.  One of the perks is having little people who can share the work around the house.  My guys love to help, and recently have been assigned the tasks of mopping the floor (thank goodness I bought the mop with the water spray can attached), taking the recycle products to the bin in the garage, and feeding the dog.  My quality of life has improved immensely now that I've discovered that I'm not alone doing housework.

On occasion, I try to teach my boys new household skills that will be useful in the future.  But sometimes these tasks are just too hard.  For example, I taught my oldest how to sort laundry last week.  He was doing great sorting the colored from the whites and the lights until he realized that I hadn't done laundry in about 2 weeks.  There were just too many clothes and too many distractions.  We'll have to keep working on that skill. 

My mom recently discovered that my boys are great helpers and decided to cash in on the free child labor.  Ok, not really.  She actually asked my little one to help her water the flowers with his watering can (which happens to look like a Cars gas can).  He definitely got a lot more out of his task than she did.  As you can see below, this is another skill we're working on...








For now, I'm just thankful that my guys have good attitudes and a desire to help. Somehow watching them help makes housework seem like a lot more fun.

1 comment:

  1. I laugh every time I see him watering his shoes! Such a busy little guy!!

    ReplyDelete