Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Day the Season Tickets Came

When I checked the mail this morning, we had a "special" package waiting for us in the mailbox.  It was our first-ever set of season tickets to a sporting event.  For years, Dear Husband and I have discussed getting season packages at various sporting venues, but this year we finally bit the bullet.  And appropriately (following my fabulous win last year in NCAA college football pick'em), we have tickets to NCAA Div I football for the 2012 season.  This year, we'll be cheering on the SMU Mustangs as they take on Conference USA.  Plus, as an alumna, my family and I get free tailgate meals at the law school tent pre-kickoff. How is this a bad plan?

Part of me thinks that getting season tickets during the fall when I will be well-advanced in my pregnancy might not be the best idea.  But the other part of me thinks that our 2 and 4 year old boys are going to love it!   How can you not love college football in Texas?  Besides, we really have to establish appropriate college loyalties while our guys are still young.

So anyway, I'm not sure if I'm up for the football pick 'em game this year.  It just seems wrong for a season ticket holder to be in a position where they might have to pick against their own team at some point.  So instead of my weekly brag posts (since I soundly defeated Dear Husband last season), this season, I'll try to share pics and stories of our family outings.  I have no doubt that we'll have plenty of stories to tell.  And who knows, maybe a little college football excitement will even put me into labor this November...

No comments:

Post a Comment