Monday, August 20, 2012

The Smart Mommy



I heard something the other night that made me smile...

My oldest son was having a discussion with his father about building a train track in the living room.  I didn't hear all of the conversation, but at some point my husband told my son to go ask Mommy if it was ok.  Usually this happens when our little guy is negotiating really hard and my husband doesn't want to be the bad guy.  Although on occasion, Dear Husband does punt the ball on these kinds of questions when he's too wrapped up in a ballgame while working on his laptop.  (Who says men can't multitask?)  Anyway, my son didn't seem too happy about having to go ask mom. So he asked our favorite three letter word--"Why?"

Since we have informed him that most educated questions begin with 4 letters, he followed up this "why" with "is it because Mommy's really smart and is a nurse?"  I'm not sure what Dear Husband said in response, because I was too busy laughing to hear the rest of the talk.  I just figured I needed to absorb the moment when my son thinks I'm smart.  Unfortunately, I'm sure that this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment