Friday, August 3, 2012

Train Pieces

 Grapevine (TX) Vintage RR.

The other night, my boys were riding in the car with my husband and they discussed their favorite topic--trains.  Since Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway has it's headquarters near where we live, we have train tracks everywhere.  For little boys who love trains, we live in the best location.  We literally get to go under or over tracks just about every time we leave our house.  This typically leads to cheering and excitement from our back seat.

Anyway, my boys were discussing trains the other night with my husband when they came across a piece of track that had no barricade or flashing lights.  This troubled my oldest son.  He couldn't figure out why this part of the track didn't have a barricade.  When he builds his train tracks at home, he always includes barricades around the crossing areas.

After a few minutes, he apparently figured out the answer to his question.  He said, "Daddy, maybe God just ran out of pieces!"

Although I recognize that we have some theology to work on here, it does make me happy that my son realizes that God is not only our Creator, but also the One who is in control.  And I'm sure my son will be happy when he finally comes to understand that God never runs out of pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment