Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Coffee Moment

"I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to Him as I rejoice in the Lord." Psalm 104:33-34


As I was sipping my coffee this morning, I realized something.  It's a beautiful day outside. (Ok, it's actually probably going to be about 110 degrees again today.)  But it's still a wonderful day.  It is a day where I was able to get up and spend time with my boys, enjoy a cup of coffee, send my boys to play with their grandparents, work, and just spend some time with myself--and God.  As I was sitting in silence inside my house, I was struck by how awesome God is and how I can see Him working in my life.  I really do have a reason to praise Him.

God has been good to me and has given me more than I need.  So, today, as I'm sitting at my desk alone with my coffee, I'm singing praise to Him.  I don't know if it's the intense heat outside or if it's just the truth of these words, but my heart has been singing the lyrics from Hillsong's, Desert Song today.

This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I'll stand

All of my life in every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship
 
I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
 
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favour and providence flow
I know I'm filled to be emptied again
The seed I've received I will sow

Sometimes it takes a lonely coffee moment to bring us to our knees and remind us that God is our victory and He really is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment