Saturday, December 31, 2011

So Long 2011


If it weren't for the fact that one of my kiddos came down with a 102 temp yesterday, I'd probably be ready to party-it-up tonight.  For the first time since I can remember, I'm actually relieved to have a year behind me.  It's been a "growing" year for our family--a.k.a. it's been rough.

2011 started with my own Jonah experience where I was really struggling with God's calling for my life.  Once I finally submitted to His plan, I thought our lives would get easier.  Of course, that's not how life works.  Instead, we dealt with other struggles and scheduling issues.  Then, when I finally graduated from school, we took a much needed vacation.  After a refreshing few days, we returned to discover that our house was literally under water.  We never imagined we would experience our own personal flood during one of the driest and hottest summers on record.  Once we sorted out all of the issues with contractors, repairmen, and furniture replacements, we thought that life would finally smooth over.  Unfortunately, we had other hiccups along the way. We've had people say bad things about us.  We've had friends stab us in the back.  We've had church leaders decide to uproot our "church" and move it to West Texas.  And I, personally, have been at war with the same 10 lbs for about 6 months now.  Needless to say, I fought the pounds and the pounds have won--so far.  Then to top it all off, the boys have been sick this week--fevers, tummy aches, and the whole shebang. It's definitely been a bummer way to end the year. 

Despite what it may seem, I'm not complaining.  God has taught our family so much this year.  He's softened our hearts to seek His calling.  And He's proven that He is the Great Provider.  When we weren't sure how we were going to make everything work, God came through for us in ways that we never imagined.  

I'm so grateful to be entering 2012 with God's promises in my heart.  

How great is Your goodness,
Which You have stored up for those who fear You,
Which You have wrought for those who take refuge in You,
Before the sons of men!  
You hide them in the secret place of Your presence from the conspiracies of man;
You keep them secretly in a shelter from the strife of tongues.
Blessed be the LORD,
For He has made marvelous His lovingkindness to me in a besieged city.
As for me, I said in my alarm,
“I am cut off from before Your eyes”;
Nevertheless You heard the voice of my supplications
When I cried to You.
 O love the LORD, all you His godly ones!
The LORD preserves the faithful
And fully recompenses the proud doer.
Be strong and let your heart take courage,
All you who hope in the LORD. 

Psalm 31:19-24

No comments:

Post a Comment