Sunday, December 4, 2011

Boys Have "Lunch"


While searching for her Christmas decorations, My mom recently ran across a box labeled "grandkids." The funny thing about this box is that she packed it up and labeled it years ago--long before she had any grandchildren.  According to her, she thought it would be important to pack away some of our best old toys.  These toys included a fake silver tea set, miniature kids'-size tupperware, a really cool barn/farm set, and a few other items.

This week my son discovered these "new" toys at Grandma's house.  Much to my surprise, he actually really liked the tupperware and kitchen items.  So much so, that my mom said he prepared himself a meal on his miniature table.  Once he had cooked his meal, he set the table, sat down, prayed, and then proceeded to eat.  So cute!  When my mom asked the little guy if he was enjoying tea with his new dishes she was a little surprised by his answer.  "No Grandma, boys don't have tea, they have lunch!" 

After this adorable little incident, I decided to see if I could find my own miniature tupperware set from Tupperware's website.  They still have a miniature pitcher and cups, but they're Disney princess cups!!  How discriminatory!  Tupperware needs to do a little research to expand their kid's products.  If they only knew that boys have LUNCH and liked to play with dishes too, maybe they'd go back to the 1980's "fall-colored collection."  That collection was a little more boy friendly and much less dainty.  (And I don't care what the new experts say, I'm not going to encourage my boys to play with pink or purple girly things.)  In the meantime, I guess my little guy will just have to play lunch with my mommy-size dishes.

Now that I know that my son likes to cook, I can't wait until I receive my first invitation to a lunch party.  Doesn't that just sound so American?  I mean, when was the last time you went to a tea party?  Probably many, many lunches ago...

1 comment:

  1. I looked for a new set too! Pretty sad when I found only a princess set.

    ReplyDelete