Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After Christmas...


I hope you had a blessed Christmas!  And I hope you were able to throw Jesus a wonderful birthday party.  I have to confess that our birthday cake never exactly made it in the oven yesterday, so we'll have to have a belated birthday cake.  (Although I did buy Jesus birthday cupcakes as a back-up plan.) Let's just say that 2 days of partying with the family resulted in exhausted little boys who ended up sleeping on Christmas afternoon.  Mommy never factored the sleep into her Christmas activities, so we had to nix a few things.  But trust me, the Christmas nap time was MUCH needed.

We ended up having a wonderful weekend.  And I must say that my sister-in-law by far gave me the greatest gift this year.  She gave birth to cutest little boy this week, making me an aunt for the first time ever!  In my opinion, being an Aunt is pretty awesome.  As an Aunt, I have a special place in a little person's life.  I get to love on him.  I get to spoil him.  I get to dote on him.  But I didn't have to carry him around for 10 months (oh yes--it really is 10 months!), I don't have to get up with him in the middle of the night, and I don't have to potty train him.  Talk about a cool gig!

That said, Dear Husband outdid himself this year--again.  He surprised me with some pretty fantastic jewelry.  And this year he even bought me some beautiful cowboy boots.  I can't wait until our next date night so that I can show off my new treasures.  When I discovered that this man could pick out great jewelry and stylish shoes, I just knew he was a keeper.  I'm so glad he's mine.  I just hope he feels the same way about me by March!

The time has finally come to transform myself from stay-at-home Mommy into crazy Mommy who can spout meaningless legal knowledge.  My Bar review course officially starts tomorrow and the last stretch of my journey towards a Texas law license will then begin.  So if my posts sound a little odd, legal based, or just "different" it's because my head will literally be in my Bar review books for the next 2 months.  Just thought I should warn you.

Anyway, hope you had a wonderful Christmas!  And if you have any advice for what it takes to be the "cool aunt," just let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment