Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!  My Dear Husband sparked up the romance last night by taking me out for a fabulous steak dinner and show at Bass Hall.  I love the fact that he surprises me almost every year with tickets to a show around our anniversary.  Seven years ago, we got married and had my dream Christmas wedding.  And as a result, my Dear Husband tries to carry out the Christmas theme every year.  He's so wonderful!


Last night, after a splendid dinner at Ruth's Chris, we went to see my all-time favorite musical, White Christmas.  This was my first time to see the Broadway production (as opposed to the movie that I watch faithfully ever year).  And this show did not disappoint.  The dancing made Dancing With the Stars look like a Jr. high activity.  I seriously have no idea how that 20 something person cast could dance so much for so long and still sing!  I'm still in a daze just thinking about all the tap dancing.  I actually think that the dancing in this show was better than the Rockettes (minus the kickline.)

Over the years, I've seen quite a few Christmas shows.  So far White Christmas has been my favorite.  And for the record, seats 1 and 2 in Box O at Bass Hall are pretty spectacular!  Thanks Dear Husband for my wonderful treat.  So sorry you'll have to endure my renditions of the musical numbers from the show for the next 3 weeks (yes, I know them by heart), but taking me to the show definitely got me into the Christmas spirit!  Even if I don't get snow this year, at least I can say I've had a White Christmas!

Hope you are all having as much fun getting into the Christmas spirit as I am.  And Dear Husband might have to start planning early, because I'm not sure how he's going to top this anniversary gift next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment