Monday, December 5, 2011

Football Pick 'Em Week 13: Timmy Boy


This afternoon I heard Rush Limbaugh talking about my newest favorite quarterback.  (Go here to read the transcript: Tim Tebow.)  His main point about Timmy boy is that the media hates the guy.  They keep calling him the worst NFL quarterback, yet his statistics are actually better than the opposing quarterbacks he plays.  His coaches complain about him because he talks about Jesus all the time, yet he's a genuinely good player who doesn't need an adult babysitter.  His own general manager gripes that he needs to learn to throw, yet Tebow's team keeps winning games.  Rush has concluded that the animosity towards Tebow is because the media can't stand good people--especially people who profess to know Jesus.

After hearing Rush's dialogue on my new favorite player today, and after watching Denver's ridiculous last-minute win yesterday, I'm an even bigger Tebow fan than I was before.  Even though I'm not a t-shirt kind of gal, I would even wear a Team Tebow shirt to show my support for the guy.  If the media hates him, he's probably worth our support.  But knowing that he's a real Christian with a solid testimony, we really ought to stand up for the guy. We all need to be on Team Tebow.

On an entirely different note, I had another fabulous week in our pick 'em game.  We actually tied in our NFL picks, but college football helped me out.  I can't believe I'm ever going to say this, but Yay for Baylor!  I really needed Baylor and OSU to pick up the W's this week.  And oh, they did. 

I really believe that a game's not over until it's actually over, but I think my husband knows that his game is about OVER!  I'm sure he's very thrilled that we get to spend a weekend purse shopping in our near future.  Don't worry Dear Husband, I'll at least let you wait until after the Super Bowl.  Until then, we can always shop online.

No comments:

Post a Comment