Thursday, June 16, 2011

God Made the Mailman


Bedtime can be brutal with a toddler.  But my little guy is very smart and cooperative--for the most part.  So I decided to have a formal Bible story at night before bed.  I'm tired of reading the preschool stories, so I took a chance and actually started reading my son's Bible to him.

We read Genesis chapter 1 last night.  It was the first night of my experiment, so I wasn't sure how well he would pay attention.  To my surprise, however, he did learn something.  As I was nearing the end of the chapter, I could tell that something clicked.  His eyes got big and he said, "Oh, God made the mailman!"  He was so proud of himself.

At first, I was thinking, where did that come from?  But then it hit me.  Verse 27 says "male and female He created them."  I had attempted to elaborate at that point to explain that male and female were man and woman, like boys and girls.  Somehow, he interpreted that as the mailman.  (We're very fond of our mailman.)

Anyway, we'll try chapter 2 tonight and see what we learn.  That verse will never be the same for me again.  But at least we know where the mail comes from...

1 comment:

  1. He is so smart! Of course God made the mailman! I love it!

    ReplyDelete