Friday, July 22, 2011

Shop More, Live Longer


I read something today that I had to share: Shopping can help you live longer!  According to the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, shoppers who shop every day are 27% less likely to die than people who shopped less frequently. In fact, the findings indicate that shopping benefits men even more than women. 

So the next time your man doesn't feel like shopping.  Remind him that shopping will make him live longer.  It will make you happy.  And it will make life better for both of you.  Besides, according to the study, you don't even have to buy anything to get the health benefit of shopping.  You just gotta shop!

If he needs further convincing, here is the citation for the journal article: Y.-H. Chang, R. C.-Y. Chen, M. L. Wahlqvist, M.-S. Lee. Frequent shopping by men and women increases survival in the older Taiwanese population. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, 2011; DOI: 10.1136/jech.2010.126698

1 comment:

  1. If this is who I think it is, I'm so happy I found you! I found you off of my sister's blog :) I really enjoyed reading this post -- my hubby needs to come on board! Since we're both in Keller we need to hook up again! My email is still amileighmusic@aim.com. Hope to catch up soon!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete