Monday, October 24, 2011

NFL Pick 'Em Week 7: The Forfeit


I was really nervous Sunday morning about my picks this week.  I have apparently lost all foresight when it comes to picking college football, and I lost 2 whole points on Saturday.  I took a chance on the "smart kid schools" this week and realized that the smart kids are apparently studying for midterms this time of year. They obviously couldn't play football this weekend.

But something really funny happened when we got home from church yesterday.  My husband realized that he had not made his NFL picks yet.  And the computer locked him out from picking 7 games!  That meant that all I had to do was pick winners for those games and those points belonged to ME.  Much to my husband's detriment, his forfeit for those seven games hurt him bad.  I ended up banking 6 points, once again saving myself from a bad Saturday. 

Some might argue that I earned 6 points that I shouldn't get to keep because we weren't on an even playing field.  But let's be clear here, if a team doesn't show up to play that's not the other team's fault.  We all play with the same rules and guidelines.  Just because one team stayed up really late because he went to the World Series doesn't mean that his opponent should feel bad for staying home with the kiddos.

Oh the wonderful world of sports.  It's amazing how ball games manage to enrich all of our lives.  My closet is very excited about how NFL football is going to enrich my selection of handbags as well.  I can't wait to see the Coach spring collection.  I'm loving their winter selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment