Monday, October 17, 2011

NFL Pick 'Em Week 6: Earn More Than You Spend


There's this wise financial strategy that I learned a long time ago: earn more than you spend.  That's right.  If you always make sure that you spend less than you make, you're never going to be in debt.  I also firmly believe that if you apply this strategy to fantasy football, you won't be a loser.  You've got to earn more points than you lose.

It is very unfortunate this week that I lost more points than I gained.  This doesn't make me a loser just yet, but I'm very quickly headed that direction.  College football picks killed me this week.  I honestly thought that I could apply my knowledge of college basketball to college football picks.  I was wrong.  Thankfully, my husband only beat me by 2 picks in college.  It seems I'll have to be a little more careful next week.

I was fortunate to make up for one of my lost points with my NFL picks.  I very smartly didn't pick the Colts to win this week and got rewarded for finally finding my brain with regards to this team.  Baltimore also did me a huge favor in winning too.  That said, I have a bone to pick with the Eagles.  Why do they always manage to lose when I pick them but feel the need to finally win when I don't pick them?!  They have become my NFL nemesis team.  Really Philly, get your act together!

So when all is said and done this week, I had a net loss.  I failed to follow good financial strategy.  And I'm really hoping that I don't keep slipping towards loserdom.  (Like my new word?)  Anyway, this week was a strategic disaster for me.  Every winning week to me is like putting aside a hundred dollars in the bank towards my designer companion.  This means that every loss is a reminder that a knock-off could be in my future.  Next week, I've got to put a little more money in the bank.

2 comments:

  1. Stay away from the Colts, we're playing for draft picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. You just wait and they're going to win a few games just because you said that.

    ReplyDelete