Thursday, October 13, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

 
Have patience, have patience
Don't be in such a hurry
When you get impatient, you only start to worry
Remember, remember that God is patient, too
And think of all the times when others have to wait for you...
 
I had to sing this chorus to myself again today.  I learned this song in elementary school (from the Music Machine) and it amazes me how often it flashes through my brain--when I'm sitting in the Starbuck's drive-thru, when I'm standing in line at Walmart, and when I'm waiting on an e-mail from someone at work.  

Sometimes slow is good; inefficient is better; and overdue is best. When life isn't going at a galloping pace we can enjoy it more.  And when we're not flying through our lives, we can see the needs of others better.  Patience is a virtue that we must not forget.    

No comments:

Post a Comment