Monday, October 3, 2011

NFL Week 4: Feeling the Mojo


I should probably feel guilty for the way I treated my husband last week.  Not only did I smack talk him on my blog page as a result of my wonderful fantasy football score, but I also did it using a quote from his favorite movie.  Shame on me.  This week, I'll take a kinder, more gentle approach.

I love you dear, and I hope you're saving your pennies because my lead is only getting larger.  

Week 4 of our fantasy picks was actually much harder than I expected.  I lost a ton of games.  Fortunately, these were games that my husband lost as well.  The key to doing well at this game is to pick wins that your opponent didn't pick.  And this week, he made the grave mistake in college football not to pick SMU.  I've been telling him for years that TCU football is hugely OVERRATED.  And now that the Southern Methodist ponies are enjoying their iron skillet, they have proved my point.   Plus, I really needed them to win.  I'm an alumna and I felt obligated to pick them.  (Yes, alumna is the proper word since I'm female.)  Somewhere the Mustang vibe was working, because they gained me a solid point in our race to the designer prize.

As far as the NFL picks are concerned, I think my fairy godmother sprinkled her magic dust on New York for me.  It turned out extremely well for me that the Giants won and the Jets lost.  Plus I have talked Buffalo up so much over the last few weeks, that I actually convinced my husband to pick them this week.  That didn't turn out too well.   I think they're one of those teams that manages to win a few times and is suddenly overrated.  It just never turns out well for these teams in the long run.

So the moral of the story this week is that to have good picks, you have to beware of teams that are overrated.  This means that you have to go against public opinion and just go with your gut.  Or maybe you just have to have some good mojo.  But let's be honest here, when you're winning, does it really matter?

No comments:

Post a Comment