Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Sweetest Name is Jesus

 No sweeter name than the Name of Jesus, no sweeter name have I ever known
No sweeter name than the Name of Jesus
No sweeter name than the Name of Jesus, no sweeter name have I ever known
No sweeter name than the Name of Jesus

You are the life to my heart and my soul
You are the light to the darkness around me
You are the hope to the hopeless and broken
You are the only truth and the way.

Every week, my guilty pleasure is to watch the Amazing Race on CBS.  I started watching the show 8 years ago when I was living with my parents, and I have watched it faithfully ever since.  Every season I try to pick a team to cheer for and get excited about.  Unfortunately, at the beginning of this season I hadn't made a connection with any of the teams.  Until this week...

"The Snowboarders" a.k.a Andy Finch and Tommy Czeschin are my new favorites.  This week in an interview, they started talking openly about their faith.  They said that they were Christians and that they both loved Jesus.  It was so exciting to get to hear successful 30 year old men talk about the fact that they love Jesus.  Instead of touting their personal accomplishments (both are US Olympic team/professional snowboarders) they are out on national television declaring that they believe in Jesus. 

When they started sharing their faith this week, I was in awe.  I heard the name of Jesus being praised.  It seemed so random coming out of the mouths of these men.  Outside of church, I honestly don't hear people praising the name of Jesus very often.  It's really sad.  Because there really is no sweeter name, no greater name, and no better name to be declaring and praising on a daily basis.

If you haven't heard the Kari Jobe song written above, please listen.  Let's praise the name of Jesus today.



No comments:

Post a Comment