Monday, October 31, 2011

NFL Pick 'Em Week 8--It's a Draw


This week turned out to be a sports let-down on just about every level.  Thursday night's complete disaster in St. Louis was a real kick in the pants.  And then the sorry game 7 on Friday was literally like pouring lemon juice in the wound.  (By the way, don't ever do that.)  I'm thinking that SMU's loss to Tulsa was probably related to the sports induced hangover that my Dallas guys had after watching the Rangers on Friday.  As for the Cowboys, does anybody ever really know why the Cowboys play the way they do?  It was like team after team just took a beating this week.  But not me.

This week was a complete draw in my house.  For some reason, I felt compelled to pick the smart kid schools again this week.  SMU might have let me down, but Stanford and Notre Dame had my back.  And thank goodness, because my NFL picks weren't that great.  So far, when all the points are tallied out for the week, week 8 turned out to be a draw.  I finally won college and my hubby won his pro picks--for the first time in weeks, I might add.

The tie, the draw, or the impasse probably drives my husband nuts.  He really needs some points.  But since I'm sitting ahead with a pretty nice lead overall (me= 183 points; him=163 points), I don't mind wasting a week.  I'm just glad that I didn't end up being a complete loser.  Considering the events of this week, maybe a tie isn't so bad every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment