Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Free Garage Sale

My church did the coolest thing this past weekend.  We had a garage sale where we gave away everything for FREE.  People were shocked and so excited when they realized that they didn't have to pay.  I was amazed at how quickly people snatched up their bargains.  My husband unloaded an old porch rocking chair and within 20 seconds some man was carrying it away from the truck.  People were truly behaving like kids in a candy store.

But that was the point.  We wanted people to feel blessed and loved.  And we handed out over 100 invitations to our Easter service.  I don't know if people are still doing door-to-door visitation, but I do know that a quick way to reach out to a large number of people is to have a free garage sale.  Maybe next year we can have one that is bigger and badder.  And maybe we can pass out 200 invitations...

No comments:

Post a Comment