Thursday, April 21, 2011

Singing the Name of Jesus

"However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name...So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good." I Peter 1:16,19

I was reading stories this morning about women around the world who are currently suffering as a result of their faith in Christ.  Women are being imprisoned throughout the world because they are believers.  Women are being physically assaulted and murdered because they are turning to Jesus and away from Islam.  Women  are constantly on the run because their Communist governments are not only trying to silence them, but trying to suppress their message.  The story that really touched my heart was of a woman who was in agony because she has to whisper the name of Jesus.  She hasn't been able to sing and worship Him in her own home.  I can't imagine not being able to sing to Jesus. 

At the moment, there's nothing I can do to save these women from persecution.  But I will pray for them.  And I will sing, knowing that I sing on behalf of believers around the world.  At the moment, I live in a country where I have the freedom to praise the name of Jesus.  Take a few minutes to praise Him today too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment