Monday, April 25, 2011

No Reason to Complain

"Do everything without complaining..." Philippians 2:14

I didn't get much sleep last night because of a thunderstorm.  And I woke up this morning with the realization that my first exam is in 2 days.  Then I sat down at my computer and realized that everything I had been working on for that exam over the past few days has disappeared, probably to a temporary file somewhere on the computer where I will never find it.  Then my 11 month old got into some chocolate candy all by himself and came to show me.  Ugh!

But when I flipped my Bible to Philippians this morning, I realized that my day isn't going to get better if I have a bad attitude.  Instead, I need to rejoice.  And I have a lot to be thankful for.  So these are my praises today:
  • The Easter service at church was wonderful yesterday and we practically doubled our usual Sunday attendance.
  • SMU sent me an email and informed me that my Juris Doctorate degree is already in the mail! (And I still have 4 classes to finish)
  • God answered prayer and sent the Dallas/Ft. Worth area lots of rain and thunderstorms over the weekend.
  • My husband's boss is out of the office for a few days--for some reason this always results in less stress at home.
  • I found out last week that I'm finally going to be an aunt. (No, my brother isn't having a baby yet.)
  • Ann Taylor Loft had a great sale last week and I'm getting a new outfit in the mail any day now.
  • I have a bucket full of Reese's Peanut Butter cups in my kitchen
Yes, this morning was kind of a disaster, but I have no reason to complain.  I'm commanded not to complain.  And in the grand scheme of things, computer glitches and chocolate on the carpet aren't that bad.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to think right today! This is Greta (Norah's sister) and one thing I'm thankful for is the Dove Chocolate Bunny in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete