Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Becoming a Prayer Warrior

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous [woman] can accomplish much." James 5:16

 The term prayer warrior gets tossed around a lot.  But I don't think very many people have an idea what the term prayer warrior means.  A prayer warrior is someone who faithfully and consistently approaches God in prayer.  But the prayer warrior is also a righteous person whose prayers can accomplish much.

My mother is a prayer warrior.  For as long as I can remember, she has gotten out of bed before the crack of dawn and has not only immersed herself in her Bible reading, but also in prayer.  She spends a long time in prayer.  And I'm convinced that she is very specific with her prayers.  I also know that if she tells me that she's praying for something in my life, I can expect to see the result of her prayer within a few days.  Her prayers are powerful and really do accomplish much--even when they don't accomplish exactly what she asks.

As a nurse, I can tell you that prayer works.  I've seen very sick people healed.  And I've seen very sick people die, while leaving a testimony and legacy far greater than they could have left while alive.  In those instances, I know that the people were healed in a place far greater than earth.  Sometimes our prayers are answered in ways we don't expect.  But I'm confident that God hears and answers all our prayers.

For the first time in years, I actually have time.  And I want to use that time effectively.  So, I bought a journal and am going to start working on praying.  Historically, European armies said it would take 3 years to train an effective soldier ready for battle.  And this is probably true for any kind of warrior.  So I can't expect to have prayer warrior status at first without practice and commitment.  James says we must first confess our sins.  And my first entry will be one of confession.  And then I'll have an entry of thanksgiving.  And my entries will be specific.

Are you ready to do more than be a housewife or business woman?  Do you want to accomplish much and have an eternal impact on the world?  Then join me.  Start preparing for battle through prayer.  Train yourself to be a prayer warrior.  And remember that the prayers of a righteous woman can accomplish much.

No comments:

Post a Comment