Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Curing the Bed Time Blues

"...For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep." Psalm 127:2


Every little one goes through a phase, or sometimes multiple phases, where they cry at bedtime.  If you're a parent, I'm sure you know the angst you feel when you put your toddler down and hear crying for half an hour.  Or the headache you get when they keep coming out of bed to ask you a question. 

We figured out with our oldest that bedtime music is often a great tool for bedtime.  We had this recording of harp music playing Christian songs that my oldest listened to every night for at least a year.  And then our youngest got the bed time blues too.  For some reason, harp music did not work!  So I took a chance and decided to try a CD that has words.  He loves to sing in the car, and I thought he might need someone to sing along with.  And boy was I right!

We found the perfect bedtime/nap time tool--Patch the Pirate!  When I was a little girl, I had tapes of Patch the Pirate and I listened to his adventures all the time.  Each adventure was full of beautiful Christian songs of inspiration and praise.  And my youngest loves these adventures too.  We've been listening to the Mister Slippy River Race this week and it's so sweet to hear my 1 one year old trying to sing along to Rejoice in the Lord.

I can't wait to buy some of the new Patch adventures and to listen to them with my kids.  It's neat that the same characters that were my friends at an early age will also be influencing my children through the stereo too.  If you'd like to preview or purchase some Patch the Pirate CD's, please visit Majesty Music. The Patch CD's are a perfect baby gift or CD for your whole family to enjoy.  I know they will bless you like they've blessed me.  Start with the Mister Slippy, since that CD tells Patch the Pirate's true back story (he really wears a patch to cover the eye that he lost to cancer.)  And then venture into the Jungle, go to Camp, learn about friendship and see the Starry Knight.  You'll enjoy every minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment