Saturday, May 28, 2011

DIY: Baby's First Birthday

For some reason, I have this impression that stay-at-home moms are supposed to be artsy and craftsy and are supposed to be able to make their own party decorations.  Since I really want to be good at my full-time Mommy job, I decided to use home-made decorations for my baby's first birthday party this year.  I didn't go so far as to make my own birthday cake (my husband adamantly vetoed that idea), but I did cook a chuck wagon style taco dinner for my little guy.

I'm sure he won't remember his first birthday, but at least he can know that Mommy did her best to make it the best.  Despite the fact that his party was less than 48 hours after my last final exam, I think it turned out ok.  Here are some pics!



 And of course, here's the birthday boy himself!


Now I have to start planning his big brother's party.  He says he wants trains and spaghetti.  We'll see how that goes...

2 comments:

  1. There couldn't be a cuter one-year-old!! And loved the decorations; so adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete