Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kentucky Derby Day

photo by Pat Lang Photography
What a blessed day!  We celebrated a birthday today, watched a friend's little league game, ate some wonderful fried chicken, and watched the Kentucky Derby.  I've been to Lexington, Kentucky before, but I've never been lucky enough to witness the Kentucky Derby live.  This is something I want to do someday.  Don't ask me why, but it's probably related to the big hats.  And yes, our American girls do hats much better than girls in the UK.  Straw and feathers beat the fascinators any day.

Anyway, in honor of our famous Kentucky Derby, I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes.  It's for Kentucky Derby Pie.  If you like pie and you also like chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is for you.

Ingredients
1 stick margarine, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 tsp vanilla
pie shell

Mix together and pour into unbaked pie shell.  Bake in oven heated at 350 degrees for exactly 30 minutes.  Enjoy.  Then you'll know another reason why I love the KY Derby!  Oh, and congratulations to Animal Kingdom!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My!!! That sounds so very yummy! May have to try that soon :-)

    ReplyDelete