Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nothing Scary at Our House This Year

On October 31st, I couldn't resist letting my 3 year old live out his fantasy of being a shark.  We really lived it up that day.  We  didn't go trick or treating.  Instead, he lived in full costume all day long, and he shared his shark face with everyone he encountered.  Then, we had our own backyard party where the shark could roam free. My in-laws arrived with Halloween goodies and bubble guns.  (Who doesn't love glow in the dark bubble guns?)  Then my parents showed up with an amazingly carved pumpkin, pumpkin cookies, a smoking cauldron, and their camera.  Fun night!

Let me introduce you to my favorite shark and his astronaut buddy.




 





Ok. It wasn't your typical Halloween.  We had nothing scary.  But my little guys did have a blast with their bubbles, candy, pumpkin cookies, costumes, and all the attention that they had.  Maybe next year our party will be a little more elaborate.  Regardless, we're definitely doing it again.  Sometimes I think holidays are more fun when we add our own spin.  Even though I nixed the trick or treating and the scariness from our Halloween, my kiddos had a blast.

Oh, and yes, in that last picture my little guys is attempting to fill up his lawn mower with gas, courtesy of our air pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment