Monday, November 21, 2011

Football Pick 'Em Week 11: Better Luck Next Time


I think I actually lost our head-to-head picks this week.  No, actually, I know that I lost this week.  College football hurt me. But come on, college football should have hurt everyone.  If this weekend's crazy upsets hasn't convinced die-hard football fans that the NCAA needs to ditch the BCS and needs their own winter madness playoffs, then fans need to pull their heads out of the sand.  College football is really messed up. 

I'll admit that even though I picked both Oklahoma schools to win this week, I also cheered against them.  As much as I'm not a Baylor fan, the idea of Baylor beating Oklahoma just made me giggle.  Something about losing my college picks really didn't make me feel bad.  As I said before, college football is a mess.

On the other hand, I still think professional football is mostly predictable.  I think my husband and I ended up with identical picks this week, meaning that I couldn't have lost or added points in the pro pick 'em even if my teams won.

That said, I have decided that for the sake of the rest of my season, I need to take an interest in at least one player.  Maybe caring about an individual will make football more interesting.  I decided to choose Denver's own superhero.  I am completely fascinated by the phenomenon also known as Tim Tebow.  Everybody keeps calling him the worst professional quarterback, yet he keeps winning.  Plus, the fans and players love him.  Something tells me that if our eyes were really open, we'd be able to see Tebow's angels in the end zone.  That guy truly has some divine purpose and power behind him.  Go Timmy boy!

And just so you don't think that I've truly given up trying to be a good football fan, I also want you to know that I intentionally listened to sports radio this week.  I thought that maybe hearing a bunch of guys drooling over professional athletes might make me enjoy the NFL a bit more.  It kind of worked.  Those guys taught me an interesting football fact. Can you guess what quarterback has the winningest and best record in November?  Think about it.  You'll get to see him at his best on Thursday afternoon!  It's America's own Tony Romo!!!!   (Funny statistic, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment