Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Undomestic Goddess Can Cook

So apparently I did inherit some cooking abilities.  Or maybe I just read directions well.  Either way, the turkey turned out pretty well if I do says so myself.  Nobody has contacted me with complaints of salmonella poisoning, so I think Thanksgiving dinner was a success.  Just to prove to my New Life family that I did successfully cook something that didn't come in a box or from KFC, here's a picture of my little turkey:


Even though I was really focused on making sure all the food got onto the table, I devoted Wednesday afternoon to making the table look good.  For the first time, I found a wonderful use for my white antique dishes. 



Unfortunately, my table was not large enough for the turkey, stuffing, green beans, potatoes, pasta (my Northern element), corn souffle (Southern element), Mom's homemade dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin bread.  But our family dinner with my parents, brother and sister-in-law was nice.  Next year, I'm just going to have to bring in another table and find some other hungry people! 

Who knew that cooking for Thanksgiving was actually fun?  Maybe this stay-at-home mom thing is finally starting to kick in...

No comments:

Post a Comment