Sunday, November 27, 2011

Major Changes

We finally bit the bullet and decided it was time to expand our little family.  Fortunately, this latest addition did not require 9 months of morning sickness.  He was adopted.  The newest member of our family is a little Australian shepherd.  His name is Major.


I honestly couldn't have picked a better personality for my puppy if I had tried.  This little guy is happy, lazy, and extremely chill.  He only barks when he's playing with the kiddos.  He sleeps through the night without whining.  He actually gets along with my cats.  And he loves my little boys.



I kind of figured that this little one would give me something else to blog about, but I never anticipated it would happen so soon...

After church today, our oldest son decided to run around the backyard with his new pal, Major.  All seemed to be going well until we heard this awful screaming sound.  There was no telling why my son was screaming, but I assumed it had to be in response to the dog.  Before I could reach the back door, my little guy came bursting through the door in his t-shirt and underwear.  I suppose on an ordinary Texas day, this might not shock me.  But it's cold outside today, and I was pretty confident that he left the house wearing wind pants.  When my husband asked him where the pants went, he started laughing and said that the doggy took them.  Sure enough, the pants were in the middle of the back yard with the dog. Looks like the dog won whatever game he was playing with my son.

It also appears that we have found ourselves a puppy who likes to play practical jokes on people. Friday morning when I got out of bed I was flabbergasted to find that one of my slippers was missing.  The dog had slept in my son's room, so I really couldn't imagine how the slipper had disappeared.  But on a hunch that the canine had some responsibility for misplacing this essential article of clothing, I got down on my knees and asked him where the other one went.  If I was going to have to go outside with him in 40 degree whether, I really needed my slippers.  In response to my questioning, he took off running through my room and scampered behind my bed.  So much for asking a dog for help.  I then decided to search my closet, the family room, and anywhere else that the slipper could have gone.  When I returned, my little friend came trotting up to me with my slipper in his mouth.  He might be mischievous, but at least he's smart.

Looks like we're in store for some Major changes in our house.  And maybe even a little more fun.

1 comment: